AGRIBUSINESS AND MARKETING ASSISTANCE SERVICE DIVISION (AMAD)
A. Brief Description or Profile of the Unit
The Agribusiness and Marketing Assistance Service Division of the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries – Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (AMAD – DAF – ARMM) is the youngest division in the department which was only established in the early 2000 and mandated to provide a unified Market Development and Investment Assistance and Promotion services mechanism to the department’s external stakeholders in support to AFMA to enhance agribusiness development and competitiveness in support of market efficiency and the food security agenda of the government.
The division is composed of the following sections, to wit:
- Marketing Assistance and Promotion section
- Industry Support and Development section
- Marketing and Information section
B. Program and Services
- Market Assistance (e.g. market promotion, market matching events, market entrepreneurial capacity and commodity studies and linkages, building (package and labeling) and networking.
- Agribusiness Investment Promotion (e.g. Agri – fairs/Forum/Exhibit/Expo)
- Market Assessment/Bench Marking (e.g. study/research, value chain analysis and study)
- Market Information (e.g. survey on farmgate, wholesale/retail price of Agri– products).
- Market Access (e.g. market related infra established like trading centers, food terminal, livestock “oksyon” market, organic trading post, (OSAC)
C. Operational and Policy Guidelines
It is hereby declared the policy of the state to empower Filipino farmers and fisherfolk through the provision of timely, accurate and responsive business information to the public and related stakeholders.
D. Brief Profile of the Responsible Personnel in the Regional Office Unit:
- ABDULHAN S. SABDANI, SR. – OIC, AMAD Chief – 09177836552
- BADRUDIN S. ESMAEL – OIC, Marketing Assistance & Promotion – 09369938327
- NORAYA G. TIKAN – OIC, Industry Support & Development – 09267477740
- SADDAT T. USMAN – OIC, Marketing & Information
- ZAVIDIE N. MOHAMMAD
- RAHANA E. ANDONG
- NURJAH B. HADJIRULLAH
- RAINABAI K. ALIK
- MARILOU A. SUPOCADO – AMAD, Lanao del Sur
- BAINGAN A. IBA – AMAD Focal Person, Maguindanao
- FAISAL A. SCHUCK II – AMAD Focal Person, Sulu
- JAINAB LADJAHLI – AMAD Focal Person, Tawi – Tawi
- AUBREY ROSE W. KINGCO – AMD Focal Person, Basilan
E. Work and Financial Plans for the last 3 years
CY – 2014 – no fund given to all AMAD, throughout the country; it only depended on the counterparts given by the banner programs.
2015 – P 3.5 M
2016 – again no fund given, it will again depend on the counterpart funds from the banner and organic programs.
PHYSICAL AND FINANCIAL ACCOMPLISHMENT
No major accomplishment for 2014 since no fund released)
The Celebration of the 25th DAF-ARMM Anniversary & Farmers & Fisherfolks Month showcased various agri-fishery products of the five (5) ARMM Provinces namely Maguindanao, Lanaodel Sur, Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi. Native products such as weaved baskets,bags and handicrafts, Inaul, fruits, vegetables, fish and fish-by products (dried fish, bagoong or fish paste etc.), herbal & medicinal products (turmeric powder), Adlai seed stocks,banana seedlings, banana chips, native delicacies were available during the Padi-Padian on May 17-19, 2016 at the DAF Covered Court, ORG Compound, Cotabato City.
AMAD is actually the marketing arm of the department, where all marketing activities and functions’ of all the banner and organic fertilizer programs are focused, established and promoted. Hence, all programs (banners) are sharing their funds with us (AMAD).